Spybot | Step-by-step instructions
Note: Please read the instructions carefully. Also, it’s recommended to take a backup of you computer before running any cleanup utility.
How to download & run Spybot?
- First go to [ spywarejedi.com/downloads/spybot-2.4.exe ] to download the latest release of Spybot.
- Once you’ve downloaded the program to your computer, then double click it to run.
- Follow the installation wizard and click “Next”, “Next”, “Yes”, etc. through the prompt boxes.
- Click on the “Start a scan” tab, then “Start a scan” from the drop down menu.
- Select the infected files and follow the onscreen prompts to remove recently found threats.
- Once finished go ahead and close down the program (or reboot if required).
What is Spybot?
- Spybot – Search and Destroy is a free malware and spyware detection and removal tool that utilizes open source malware definitions to protect your computer against attack. What makes the tool so useful is that it is very lightweight. Spybot runs in the background without interrupting your activities and can identify threats if they appear on your computer.
Spybot Key Features:
- Scan and remove malware and rootkits from your system.
- Protect your PC by immunizing your browser and hosts file.
- Users can check various “autostart” locations using the Startup Tools option.
- Spybot can scan single files or specific folders if desired.
- It comes with its own Whitelist which helps identify legitimate files.